Friday, March 22, 2013

More Than.

As our upcoming ultrasound on Monday draws nearer, and things come together rapidly in preparation for Tate's early arrival, my mind is constantly "on". Many times, I have thought to myself...This is crazy... This is more than we can take right now, this might be more than my little boy can take. 

I'm tempted to fear at times, because I know how much harder everything will be because of his prematurity, and although our doctors are all wonderfully positive, the reality of their information doesn't really help with the whole fear thing. Still I know this.... I am more than this situation, our marriage is more than this situation, our son is so much more than this situation. When I am teetering on the fence between fear and confidence... God brings this verse to my mind: "No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Christ who loved us" (Romans 8:37)

So, I made a commitment to myself, and to my sweet love of a baby boy. I will not fear. I refuse to back down, I refuse to be discouraged. I will not let doubt and anxiousness and worry engulf me. Why should I?

Tate Thompson is going to be a strong, healthy, mighty man of God who will go on to accomplish things that will far outlast his life on earth. What should fear have to do with his life? A champion has no business starting from a place of defeat or negativity. His birth, treatment, recovery, and amazing life thereafter is going to be a story of God's faithfulness and triumph over and over again. So, fear has no part in his life, not even while he is still developing in my womb. I choose to speak wholeness and victory over him from the very beginning. My boy is INCREDIBLE!



He is more than a conqueror.

2 comments:

  1. Omg you just made me cry! I needed to read that just as much as you needed to write it. Thank you so much Ember for opening your heart up to everyone you never know how your "tests" can become "testimonies".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I'm so glad that God spoke to your heart. Sometimes I wonder if I'm writing to myself just to stay sane. I am so grateful when the Lord can use anything in my life to touch someone else, so thank you for reading and for your sweet, encouraging words! :)

    ReplyDelete